Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I think I may have been hacked and would like to change my…

Customer Question
I think I may have...
I think I may have been hacked and would like to change my Yahoo email password ***** my IPAD PRO. When I access my email account via settings there is no place to change the password. How do I change my password?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/9/2018
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

In order to change the password ***** the Yahoo account itself, following the directions on this page:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27051.html

When you have changed the password, you can then update your account on the iPad. It may be easiest to remove then re-add the account.

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (Yahoo, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!