Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My wife got a new computer (all are Macs). When we opened…

Customer Question
My wife got a...

My wife got a new computer (all are Macs). When we opened the shared gmail account, my account showed up but not hers. How do I get hers back?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

All the directions in settings of gmail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
1/9/2018
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Solution #1:

1. When you are in the shared gmail account, click on the big letter icon (or photo icon) at the upper right corner, then click on the option called Sign out.
  2. Then click on the arrow icon next to the new gmail email address, if shown.
  3. Then add account if shown, and enter her gmail email address and next.
  4. Then she should be able to sign in her email address.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Go to the website below on the new computer:
    https://accounts.google.com/Logout
  2. (If needed, go to the gmail.com website again.)
  3. Then click on the arrow icon next to the shared gmail email address, if shown.
  4. Then enter her gmail email address and next.
  5. Then you should be able to sign in her email address.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech