Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

All of a sudden yesterday and today, important hotmail

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden yesterday and today, important hotmail messages have not gone into my inbox but have gone directly into my trash. I have not changed any settings and can find no excuse for this to be happening. I'd appreciate some guidance as to how to fix this.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a Microsoft Surface, a Kindle and a Samsung Galaxy S4. I access email usually on the Surface if I'm home and on the phone if I'm out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just watched two important messages go into the trash on my Surface without my even looking at their contents.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
1/8/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Is this happening with all new emails? Often times if your account gets hacked the hackers will set up a filter that directs new mail to the trash.