Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

All of a sudden when I log in to mail, the latest message…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden when I log in to mail, the latest message appears and then disappears. What's up?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

From Chrome on my Macbook Pro

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The usual. Tried to restart; same problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Note that I tried to Google an answer before I contacted you and wasn't successful.
1/8/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> All of a sudden when I log in to mail
Are you referring to Yahoo Mail here? Thanks.
Yahoo mail.
No, I prefer that you tell me how I can fix the problem myself, rather than you connecting to my computer.
If you have answered my question, I don't know where to view it.
> the latest message appears and then disappears
So this symptom is referring to your Yahoo accout. As you don't prefer a remote session , can you please upload a short video showing what the symptom looks like on your screen? Thanks.
No. As I said in my first description of the problem, the subject line of the most recent email displays when I open Yahoo mail then it’s gone.
Okay. in order to clarify the issue and better understand what you need, I would like to offer a remote assistance session at my best rate $20, instead of normal rate $39, to troubleshoot directly on the comouter and the issue.
Thanks but never mind. I’ve already spent more than I expected. I thought it would cost only $5. Let’s just drop it.