Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It's my Mom's. She's 81 & in a nursing home. I'm here with…

Customer Question
It's my Mom's. She's...

It's my Mom's. She's 81 & in a nursing home. I'm here with her. She doesn't have her original email, & the 2nd security question is coming up wrong, even though she swears it's correct.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Her original account was***@******.***. Or did you want mine?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

She hasn't used this email in years. She says she had another [email protected] She can't remember. You can speak with her if you'd like, but when I called the help line they referred me here.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tired logging in, entered birthdate & 1st security question, but 2nd should be "Perham, Maine" & isnt working, account is locked. Do I have to set u a new email account for her to get help?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Cancel request & fee, I'm calling Apple now.
1/7/2018
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

No, I'm using my Samsung 8. Her email got full last year & hasn't worked since.

What type of account is this for?

We got her an old iPhone 5 that im trying to connect to the account she has for a 6 year old iPad. We cant access the account on the iPad either, although its still logged in. Im an Android user, so maybe there's something i haven't tried yet?

Is this a Yahoo account?

She had an earthlink accout that's full, it's***@******.***
Do I need to set up a new email account for her? If so, how do I change it in the iPad if the Apple account is locked?

Yes that would be best option.

You can also reset the apple account here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Once reset, you can remove and add any account you wish

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

But how will they verify identity there? I tried to reset the password ***** but her memory is fuzzy, or I'm not putting the correct combination of city and state.

If it does not work, wait 48 hours and try again and then you will get the option for Apple to call you.

This only appears after a reset fail after 48 hours