Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

We can access internet but can't send/receive email on iPad…

Customer Question
We can access internet...

We can access internet but can't send/receive email on iPad or computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We can send receive email if we use a hot spot on our phones just can't use email on home internet

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that our router had failed and we replaced it and ever since we replaced it we can't access email

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/8/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Can you help

Ok, thanks.

Next, if you have a separate modem, you should rule out the modem as the issue (since it may be affected by the router replacement). So first, power down the modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the modem and power up the device. Wait for the modem to completely start up. Reboot your router and computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

I tried everything you said and still can't send/receive email

Ok thanks.

So next I need to know if you connect to your email through a web browser and if so what is the name of the web browser?

Also, check to confirm that the time on your router and time on your phones are the same. If they are not then set the correct time on the router and reboot the router then confirm the time is still correct, then try email from your phones through the router again.

Do you still need assistance?

Nothing you suggested worked ,

What is the make and model of your router?