Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Why is my Outlook Gmail on this computer not working? I may…

Customer Question
Why is my Outlook...

Why is my Outlook Gmail on this computer not working? I may have put in the wrong information at the beginning. Don't know. I just changed the password. This is a new laptop, the old one broke (for the lack of a better word) and I am trying to use the same email address as I had on my old computer. Please help this old senior with lack of many computer skills. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No. But out of frustrations over the last couple of days I setup a Gmail account with Google, but I don't want to keep that if I can use my old Gmail address and retrieve messages from my old laptop?

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I remember the security question used with the old Gmail account I am trying to keep. However, I only have a flip top cell phone without texting and have tried to change password ***** they only offered texting. But I did change my password ***** ago by phone call with a message on Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you. Nothing but I surely want the former Gmail address to work with this laptop. I don't think Outlook was used or available on my old laptop?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/7/2018
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 6 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Are you able to login through gmail.com (web browser) on this laptop?

Sorry. I don't understand the question. I can bring up gmail.com I think but the only Gmail working now is on Google, not the Outlook one.

What is the error on Outlook?

I am very sorry to say this, but I am becoming concerned about all this. First of all, I was surprised at the beginning this would cost. I agree to the being fee but nothing more. I thought Microsoft could fix this, something I 've a clue what went wrong.

I'll do the remote session without charging for remote. Do you want to do that?

I would like too, but I am afraid to have someone I do not know access my computer. Unfortunately, one has to be very careful today.

You are right. You can review the company on Google "JustAnswer" and see the ratings i have. You can also check with BBB. Let me know if you wish to proceed.

Thank you. No. I am very sorry to have put you to the trouble. I am on a fixed income, senior and must be careful. Any other fee, except for the first one which I agreed to, will be disputed. There is no intent to accuse however. Sorry..

Welcome.