Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

How do I set up spam settings under the mail setting option?

Customer Question
How do I set...

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser and phone about equally

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Googled many sites. I have an account that has spam settings, I I am able to block unwanted incoming email on this account, but another account does not have this feature under mails settings...just mail filter

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am primarily interested to know how to create/activate the spam setting on a mail options setting that is not there on one account but is on another...do you understand my problem...question?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
1/7/2018
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 1 month ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Who is your email provider?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Aol
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the answer?

Are you using AOL desktop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, just aol.com mail. I have the spam filter on one account (and am able to block incoming email from designated addresses), but another account does not have this feature. How do I get the spam filter on the mail settings option?

What is the email account on which you are not getting the mail filter option?

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this the secure remote assistance...with the $39 fee?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
With guaranteed results? So far, I'm not too satisfied.
  1. In the upper right, below your Username, click Options and then click Settings.
  2. In the left panel, click Spam Settings.
  3. To the right of 'Spam Filter', click the drop-down menu and select a level for your Spam filter (Off, Low, Medium, High).
  4. If you want to block or allow messages from a particular person, you'd use the 'Sender Filter' section. Click the drop-down menu and select an option.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You don't understand...there is no spam setting. I've been to options. Many times. That is the point and my question! I have a spam setting on one aol account but not on another. How do I set up/activate a spam setting when there is none. This is where I started.

Sign out of the one which has spam settings and then sign in to the other one

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done that. I'm there now.

Do you have Spam folder in the email account not showing spam settings?

Are you getting an option on incoming email to report spam?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can filter incoming emails to the spam folder, but I cannot block them. I want them blocked...as I can do on the other account that has the spam settings filter under to options portal.

Try opening the email in another browser

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that, and got the same result...no spam filter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did...same result...no spam filter.
  1. In the upper-right corner, next to your Username, click the down arrow, and then click Mail Settings.
  2. In the left panel, click Filters and Alerts, and then click the Create filter button in the middle of the page. Check it out:
  3. The "Create Filter" window opens. Give your Filter (or Alert) a name for example Spam , and fill in as much detail as you'd like:
  4. Under "Look for incoming messages matching all of the following," define the criteria for the filter. That is, the emails that the filter will capture.
  5. Under "Do the following with matched messages," click the Move to folder...drop-down arrow if you'd like to send these messages to a folder (you don't have to do this; messages can just keep coming into your inbox), then check (or leave blank) a box beside the type of Alert you'd like to send yourself when these messages arrive. (You don't have to select an Alert.)
  6. Click Create
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can already sent them to a folder. I've done that. I WANT THEM BLOCKED!

Under "Do the following with matched messages," click the Move to folder...drop-down arrow are you getting an option to delete?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, just to move to that folder. It does not block the incoming emails...as it does on the other account. I'm sensing that you do not know the answer to my original question...how do I create/activate the spam filter under the mail settings option...?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is clear to me that you do not know the answer to my question. I would like a full refund please...and thank you.

Can we do a quick remote session so i can see the issue?

If it's not resolved, we'll do the refund.

The remote service will be at no cost to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Resolved means that the spam filter is installed and selected emails are blocked, correct?

Correct.

Please click the link below and run/open the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/363491453

I see that you declined to join the session ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot do this now. Please issue the refund. Thank you.

I'll get the refund request done. Welcome.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist