Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My LinkedIn account is linked to my email from my former…

Customer Question
My LinkedIn account is...

My LinkedIn account is linked to my email from my former employer and I can no longer access that email.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure how to even open LinkedIn to my account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/6/2018
Email technician: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

If you haven't been able to recover your password ***** don't have access to an email address associated with your account, we can help by verifying your identity. To do this, we use a technology that processes encrypted scans of your government-issued ID so that we can help get you back into your account as quickly and securely as possible.

We'll only use the ID information you provide to verify who you are, and we'll only hold onto it for a short period of time while your account issues are being resolved. Generally, scans and any associated personal information are permanently deleted within 14 days.

To get started, you'll need:

1. A smartphone or computer with a webcam.
  2. Your driver license, state-issued ID card, or passport.
  3. An email address where we can reach you.
  4. Access to a desktop computer.

Please follow the steps below on desktop:

1. Once you begin the identity verification process, you'll be asked to take a photo of your ID with your smartphone or webcam.
  2. Enter the email address associated with your account so that we can locate your account, and follow the onscreen instructions.
  3. On the following page, click I don't have access to my email address. First, we'll ask you for a new email address. Next, we'll ask you to provide a valid passport or government ID.
    • After you're finished, we'll process your information and be in contact to assist you further.

Follow this link to verify your identity.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

Thanks but I do not want to send confidential information as requested

You should not send it via this chat, but follow the secure, LinkedIn URL. You can verify that your URL is secured by https://www.linkedin.com/uas/request-password-reset . This means your information will be encrypted between your machine and LinkedIn servers.

DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, outside of merchant and vendors you trust, especially over non encrypted (basic http) URLs.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.