Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I WAS ADVISED BY A "GOOGLE AGENT THAT MY EMAIL IS BEING

Customer Question
I WAS ADVISED BY...

I WAS ADVISED BY A "GOOGLE AGENT THAT MY EMAIL IS BEING HACKED. THAT THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES WHO COULD STOP THIS HACKING USING GOOGLE SOFTWARE. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

GMAIL, OUTLOOK

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

DESK TOP PC

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

DO YOU WANT MY GMAIL ADDRESS

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call/email by a malicious party and not associated with Google in any way. They cold call and/or provide fake alerts to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs or providing them with account info.

Google will never contact users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your email account is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,