Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I forgot my password and have tried to go through the

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** have tried to go through the account recovery but it is saying my email couldnt be verified

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a security question Im not sure about a phone number, I haven't accessed the email in a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will I be connected with an expert?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not able to access a gmail account I created a long time ago. I forgot the password ***** tried to go through the google recovery page but I was not able to verify that the account is mine.
1/6/2018
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know since how long you haven't accessed your Gmail account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s been a few years
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, Please check this information When an Inactive Gmail Account Expired
Per the Gmail Program Policies (since revised), a Gmail account was deleted by Google and the username became unavailable after nine months of inactivity.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after nine months of inactivity the account is gone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gmail accounts don’t expire
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

After nine months of inactivity the gmail account gets disabled and we will not be able to access them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is no possible way for me to get my account back?
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused but I will not be able to get you the account back in this case.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks can I ask you one more question??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My friend just said that she hadn’t used her old email in three years and just started using it again
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay that would be great if you could do that! Thank you’
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will they respond on here?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> she hadn’t used her old email in three years and just started using it again

All cases are different, and all depend on the recovery information. If the information is sufficient, then the account can be recovered.

What's your Gmail address? Let me have a try. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is the one I’m trying to recover

Okay, then What is the name of your best friend from childhood?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Niki

I guess you have run through the process for a number of times. The only question asked was just the name of your friend, then asking for an email address to receive the verification code? Correct?

Unfortunately, i have to sayi it is very hard to restore the accout now.Anyway, as the last resorts:1. Wen and where did you sign on the same account successfully? If you know, please advise the physical location, device and method (via web or email program).2. Do you have any phone number associated with the account? Or used when signed up the Gmail account. Do you send out emails to other people just after signed up with Google?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. St. Albert and a few years ago by phone or laptop
2.(###) ###-####but I changed my number

1. It should be helpful to reset the password ***** the same location, but I am not sure if Google could have that location on file a few years ago.

2.(###) ###-####is not on file, until now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My current number is(###) ###-####

Your current number is ***** file! Please try your number from HERE.

Any progress?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It changed my password ***** my***@******.*** but I’m trying to get access to***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any ideas?
you got your number on file for another Gmail account of you. That's it.The s.rubuliak18 one now has no way to be restored now, due to less info (evidence) for
Google to identify you.
I opt out to let you meet more experts for more opinions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there’s no way I can get access to the account?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
Hello, this is bbao again. Can I know why you have to recover the Gmail account after abandoning it for 9 months?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s connected to my Snapchat for which I forgot the password

When was your last access to Snapchat? On which device? Using which browser?

Hopefully, you can find the password ***** the Saved Password ***** of the browser you used to access Snapchat...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I can’t :(

Snapchat password ***** be reset via SMS, text message - if you are luckily have your current phone number with them...

https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/reset-password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t unfortunately
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I changed my number a few months ago

:( I would have to say... it becomes a lesson now. You should know why it is important to keep all contact info up to date with all essential services including email and phone number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya I know :(
Okay I guess now it is the time to restart.I am not a user of Snapchat, so I had a read about it from its Wikipedia article here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapchat.I noticed below:"One of the principal concepts of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are only available for a short time before they become inaccessible. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring "Stories" of 24-hour chronological content..."Basically it means the app doesn't have too much info or content in its history data, so you won't see previous images, videos etc even you could be able to recovery your Snapchat account. I guess the only thing to be lost is the contact list. Am I correct?If yes, why don'tyou simply sign up a new Snapchat account with a new email address?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya I think I will! Thanks for the help
Keep all your info up to date this time!! Be a good student from lessons. :-)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hahahah I will thank you!
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant