Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have changed phone numbers and due to the account key that…

Customer Question
I have changed phone...

I have changed phone numbers and due to the account key that got set up on my yahoo account I can not get into my yahoo account to get it back on my new phone with new number.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number on file i no longer have access to and it says i dont have any other security on file

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have had this email address for 10 years. everyone i know and talk with through it has this address. the user name is***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
is anyone going to help get me a account key code please
can anyone just turn off the account key code stuff I know my password ***** until the account key code is turned off it will not let me go to put in my password
1/6/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please first let me review your question. Thanks.

Ok thanks

Can I know why do you need to change your phone number associated with your Yahoo account?

Do you have a recovery email address for the Yahoo account?

Where is the old phone with Yahoo Account Key installed?

I do not have a recovery email. And I changed number cause I had to change carriers. I personally do not remember ever setting up this account key thing but need into my account very bad

The Yahoo Account Key is actually an app on your old phone. Where is your old phone?

I no longer have it. Had to give it back to my old carrier for I did not own the phone I was only renting the phone

And you mean (9**) ***- **07 is also no longer with you?

Right. I no longer have that phone number nor the phone it was on

Sorry, it is very hard to reset the password ***** Two more things as the last resort.

1. If you are resetting the password ***** a location other than where you successfully logged into the account, please better go back to the same location (from the same public IP address).

2. Keep calling that number, or go back to previous carrier asking for the possible way to keep the number (I believe so far the number hasn't assigned to another person).

It's hard to go back to the location I every first used with my account for that account is 10 years old. And yes, the number has been reassigned for I had to give that number up 4 months ago. And I'm just now getting a new phone and number

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, that's the last two ways. :(

Again, if you really need to get the account back regardless what effort it is, go get the number back.

That's the right answer though I know it is not something you expected due to lack of required info.

I can not get the number back. AT&T has already issued it to a new person 3 months ago

Try your best to be nice as possible as you can to that person, to ask for his/her help in forwarding the verification code to you. That's it. Just try, not that hard. :)

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant