Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was on facebook a time ago.....I am trying to recover my…

Customer Question
I was on facebook...

I was on facebook a long time ago.....I am trying to recover my account and I don't remember my password. When I follow the instructions to change my password, I get a code number via my email....when I try to enter the number, it tells me I've tried too many times and to try later. I tried this yesterday and it told me the same thing. How can I get into my facebook account again? This is very frustrating!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I probably do, but I'm not offered that choice to do so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to reconnect to Facebook. I tried to create an account again but that didn't work either.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
1/6/2018
Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 8 months ago
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

did you try the recovery process before 24 hrs as its locked?

I do not want to be automatically connected and charge an additional amount! I'm surprised I was already charged for asking for help with Facebook. It's unfortunate that a personal phone representative is not available and I have to rely on a tech person via the internet. I think it's just a way to get more money out of the person who should be able to access Facebook without cost!
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. Unfortunately, Facebook does not provide support. I'm an independent computer tech; I will fix this for you; we guarantee our service.

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have windows but not sure which version. What can you do without the extra amount?

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ybxsdn2q
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Since my husband runs his business via this computer, I am uncomfortable downloading anything from another website, even if it means personal support. I am very disappointed that Facebook does not provide support for people who have problems with their account. I am surprised that Facebook is so popular when it is lacking this important feature. I cannot figure out why it is such a problem and I have to go through another company. Please refund my deposit.......I am not satisfied with the solution.

I'm sorry. Unfortunately, all free internet companies, such as Facebook, Google / Gmail, Microsoft /Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc. do not provide support; they only give you free service, but not support.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I'm sorry, but I still feel uncomfortable connecting to another website......it's just not worth it to get into Facebook, and jepordize my husband's programs and cause a crash. Frankly, something that should have been a simple remedy has turned into a complicated nightmare! I'm afraid I don't have good things to say about Facebook. Please refund my money. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm an independent computer tech; I'm not affiliated with Facebook, but I can fix your Facebook account issue. There are more than one billion people currently using Facebook. Would you like me to provide written instructions instead?

Would I have to provide more money? Do you send the instructions via email?

Can you please confirm your email address?

Also, how many email address(s) do you have?

Facebook has just sent you a new code. Can you please tell me the new code, so I can fix? And/or please copy and paste here the full latest email message from Facebook, so I can fix.

Code is 032935 (again). I cannot copy and paste the message from Facebook as I will have to get out of this screen. The box just says that I've tried too many times, and to wait and try again another time.

Since your Facebook account is currently locked out, can we continue tomorrow at this time? Please do not try to fix your Facebook again, but please get back to me tomorrow at this time to continue. Thank you.

How do I get back to you?
I won't have to provide another deposit, will I?

I've emailed you (from Viet / JustAnswer.) Tomorrow at this time, you can click on the View Response / reply link in my latest email message in order to get back to me at this web page tomorrow. Thank you.

Ok, thank you.

You're welcome. Remember not to try fixing your facebook; just get back to me tomorrow at this time. Thank you for your patience.