Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I get rid of my mail permanently? I send it to trash…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get rid of my mail permanently? I send it to trash and it keeps coming back.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

G mail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my i pad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hello, can I know how did you send the emails to the Trash folder? When accessing Gmail via web using a browser? Or when using an email program such as Outlook or Mail app of the OS? Please clarify. Thanks.

Accessing the web using browser

Then it sounds like you got some filters in use, which detects the change in your Trash folder and put them back. Are you able to check the Gmail filter as per the instructions below?

Please check the Edit or delete filters section. Thanks.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en