Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to put a web link under my signature in Thunderbird.

Customer Question
I want to put...

I want to put a web link under my signature in Thunderbird. I wrote out the attribute in html, the name of the link appears in my email, but clicking on the link does nothing. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Swissmail.org

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a Thunderbird Email client. I guess its based on a browser. I have a Mac desktop.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I configured the web address as described in Accounts. I filled out the little box with the web address, it was appended to my ooutgoing mail, but clicking on it produces nothing except another popup box labelled Link Location. That doesn't work either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No I followed all the points given in the Accounts section.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Does the "hyperlinked" name in the signature appear to be clickable?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess