Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My gmail account stopped sending out on my phone. I can

Customer Question
My gmail account stopped...

My gmail account stopped sending out on my phone. I can receive emails but cannot respond or forward. Google had alerted me to security issues and then it stopped working. I tried resetting the password. Didn't work

Technician's Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?

Emails are stuck in outbox and I get a message saying sending failed

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/5/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer right now? a Mac? or a smartphone?
  2. Are you still able to access your Gmail using a web browser on a computer or other devices?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on a Windows computer right now. My phone is an Android
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't afford the extra charge.

Please try to access your Gmail using a web browser in your Windows computer. Then please tell me if you are logged in, and if you see ALL of your emails in your Gmail account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can see all my emails

Thank you for that confirmation. I suggest that you first REMOVE the email account from your phone. This shall not affect your emails since as what you can see, all your emails are there when you access your Gmail using a web browser on the computer. Normally, Gmail account is setup as IMAP so emails are accessible and the same in any device you access it.

ANd after removing the email account from your phone, please try to ADD it again.

See if after syncing, you are able to send and receive emails just fine.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist