Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cant remember password, verification code sent to my usable…

Customer Question
Cant remember password, verification...

Cant remember password, verification code sent to my usable email isnt working. Want to close old email

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No Whats the cost

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Email Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

How fast can they solve the issue

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is the problem email account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am using Windows.
The email:***@******.***

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you trying to close this gmail account?

I am- how much total to have you remote access and close the account

Remote access is $39 on top of your original question fee. But I believe that is the last option only. We can try to recover it first so that you can deactivate it. Hold on, let me run recovery for you.

ok

Please tell me your full mobile number, the one ending in 28.

That one is disconnected- it was(###) ###-####

That is the problem. Let me continue if you have other recovery options.

I tried sending a verification code to my other email and it sent but the code didnt work
Also, I dont remember when I opened the account

Unfortunately, you cannot ADD a new recovery information like your email account when you are UNABLE to access it. I believe you were referring to the prompt that the recovery page showed to you asking for another email address where you can be contacted. That is NOT a recovery email that you are giving Gmail. It is only used to notify you should there are any progress in the recovery process.

In this case, since your only recovery information is a discontinued or deactivated mobile phone, there is NO WAY that you can recover this Gmail account.

Please check this link below for more information about recovering a Gmail account and how the reset process works:

http://technicalforum.org/email/several-thousands-are-losing-their-gmail-accounts-secure-your-account-now

You mentioned that you are trying to close this Gmail account ut the problem is, you cannot access it. Since you are closing it, then you should not worry about recovering it. The main reason why I said that is because, if you are NOT able to sign in to this Gmail account for 6 to 9 months, Gmail will automatically DEACTIVATE the account due to dormancy. All data and information in the account will be removed.

Also, you should not worry about your account being hacked or used by others without your permission because due to new recovery procedures imposed by Gmail, there is no way that a hacker can get into your account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

But my 85 account forwards to my 1985 account so it wont auto close down

No, forwarding is not considered accessing the account. That is, on Gmail servers, it will not detect any access to your account once an email is received and forwarded to your 1985 account. So when the dormancy time frame is reached, your account will be deactivated. You will notice this when you stop receiving forwarded emails from the 85 email account.