Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have scanned and wished to send the item in an email. It…

Customer Question
Hello, I have scanned...

Hello, I have scanned and wished to send the item in an email. It went to AOL 9.82 Mail Waiting to Be Sent instead of AOL Gold and I cannot get it to send it from gold. Even if I rescan it continuously rescans and goes to AOL 9.82???

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking AOL from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Browser

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Never ever had trouble before.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Windows

Are you able to save the scanned file to a location on your computer first, and then open AOL GOLD and attach this saved file onto a new email?

I have been using AOL Gold yet AOL 9.82 is still on my computer. I do not use it and can no longer connect through it yet when I scan the scan goes to AOL 9.82 and goes into Mail Waiting to Be sent.
I have only used AOL since I started using a computer some 25 years ago.
This is become extremely confusing. If it is always going to cost money and will no longer be the great server AOL has alway;s been please tell me
The scan asks if I want it in email Jpeg or PDF file That is how I have always done it.

Sorry about the brief wait; you may ignore any offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Can I connect to your screen for no extra charge to check this now?

Bryan, I did ask a question and am waiting 10 minutes for an answer............Also an additional $30. was charged to my card?

Just to clarify, we are JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website for tech issues. Your total charge if I'm able to get this issue resolved, will be what has already been charged - if not, I'll process a full refund. Can I connect to your screen (no additional charge) to check the issue with AOL now?