Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was given an I-pad Mini 4 in March, 2016 by a company that…

Customer Question
I was given an...

I was given an I-pad Mini 4 in March, 2016 by a company that I worked with which was moving to Perth and as I live in Sydney we had to part company. The UPC for the device is 88462 36829 and the Serial Number is ***** and the company that made the purchase was Group Training Australia Limited. Before giving me the I-pad the secretaries decided to set up my account, my Account name was to be my email address of some 30 years which is***@******.*** but unfortunately when setting up my account the letter "h" was not included in the address registered with Apple. Hence when I attempt to upgrade my softwear on the Ipad Apple tells me that it is sending me a security code to enable me to upgrade my device. Unfortunately Apple sends the details to***@******.*** which is not my email address. Can you simply insert the letter "h" in my email address as registered with Apple and I will be back in business. To confirm my email address simply look at any of the 250 emails unread on my file to see they are all addressed to***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don't know as the ipad was a gift with no manuals.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Business? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to have the error corrected at the Apple store in Chatswood NSW, they referred me to Apple Support on 1300 321 456 but my called dropped out, hence this email message. Surely Apple can correct their client account name?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want Apple to change my Account name on the Apple files to***@******.***

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Basically your question is to how to change Apple ID of an iOS device. You can't rename an Apple ID. If an emails address has been changed, I just means it is a different Apple ID.https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202667