Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Have can't remember what my gmail account username or

Customer Question
Hey I have can't...

Hey I have can't remember what my gmail account username or password *****???

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not too sure as I was not even aware that I had this account until recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to unlock an Iphone 6+ - the phone is my old phone and I want to give it too someone else, other than that all good I think???

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Do you have other Apple products in use, including iPhone, iPad and Mac computer? If yes, do all of them have Apple ID applied?
I have just upgraded everything. I have a new apple ID for watch, phone Mac etc. as I was not aware that I had a GMAIL address.
In such a situation, I think you may simply follow the steps given in below official article to remove your personal info before selling or giving away your phone. You actually don't need to worry about an email address not in use for ages.https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201351
all good thank you, ***** ***** not the case the phone is asking for my gmail account, so the person that I want to give the phone too cannot sue the phone until I have this information. I will simply go through other channels. Thanks you for trying I wish to now cease communication as I did not realise that I would be billed further fees without getting a response on the same day.
I am sorry that I could not send back an immediate response to you question, the email address that I gave you was my work email address as I thought this was an express service. I was not at work over the weekend so therefore could not reply to your answer. I would like to stop communication as my account now continue to be debited for a service that I am not satisfied with. Thank you for trying though.
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

Hey Josh,
Thank you but I will stop interaction here. I did not realise that money would continually be taken out of account on different occasions. I will find the answer somewhere else as the person that initially took this question on did not know the answer and has informed that I the email address should not matter when clearly it does. Please ensure that there will be no further deductions from my account .
Thanks