Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Trying to verify my new email address. The email you sent me…

Customer Question
Trying to verify my...

Trying to verify my new email address. The email you sent me on Oct 28 had a "Verify now>" link, but when I hit on it, I was sent to the Google home screen. What gives?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Email provider is Gmail.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I access all my mail using the Apple "Mail" program on my iMac.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
1/5/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you mean your both your old and new emails are all with Google?

My old emails were with Verizon.

> The email you sent me on Oct 28 had a "Verify now>" link

Who is the "you" referred in your question? Google?

FYI - We are not Google. The website you are visiting is JustAnswer, a paid site providing professional support services with guaranteed quality. We do support Google, because Google doesn't provider peer-to-peer support to their free, consumer products such as Gmail.

In answer to your question, the "you" in my initial email was indeed Google.
Your email said "View response and reply." Of course, I can't do that because of the computer problem that I am asking you to help me fix. When I click on your "View response and reply" I am taken to Google's home page for some reason—not the screen with your response.