Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My IPad had worked perfectly receiving and sending emails…

Customer Question
My IPad had worked...

My IPad had worked perfectly receiving and sending emails until a short time ago. Now I cannot reply, forward nor send emails. My account had been with Verizon until they sold computer services to Frontier. We were notified that AOL has taken over those services from Verizon, but we can keep the

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I thought it was AOL, but we didn't have to make any changes to retain the service. Everything worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. Are the incoming and outgoing servers changed? And if so, how do I reconfigure this IPad to handle these services??

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am not sure what you mean. I simply turn on my IPad and access the mail through the wifi system in my home or by getting the password ***** the folks we may be visiting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I spoke by phone with an AOL representative, who attempted to help, but even though I requested tech support, this nice lady finally told me she was from the billing department.......We both got confused!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
1/4/2018
Email technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What all have you tried so far so that I can make sure not to repeat anything?

John, it's pretty confusing right now. The billing department lady attempted to take me through settings changes, and a line to click for my IPad, but they did not resolve the problem. She admitted she was not an expert and suggested that I try the help desk on line. That is what I am trying to do. I would just like to get the incoming and outgoing email service working again on this IPad. I do not want to have a continuing monthly service and future charges. If the root problem is because of the switch from Verizon to Frontier, I think AOL should make this IPad work as it had for 3 or 4 years, without a hitch. Sorry......this has been frustrating!
I will wait for the confirmation.

Please try the following for me:

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Tap on "Accounts and Passwords"
  3. Select the Verizon/AOL account
  4. Scroll down and select "Delete Account"
  5. Select "Add Account"
  6. Select "AOL"
  7. Sign into your account again

Does this work?

I went to settings selected both Verizon and AOL accounts and deleted them. Then added AOL,
tried to sign in again on the IPad as always to get current emails. Got message "could not get mail" server information is incorrect! That is exactly what I have been getting for the last few weeks, but now it applies to both incoming and outgoing mail. Before setting up an AOL account today, I was able to at least receive emails, but NOT reply, forward or send my own emails.

Does that message appear right when you try adding the account, or are you able to add the account and then the message comes up?

Let's just end this communication now, and please cancel any remote assistance and credit card information. I will try to get help by phone tomorrow. Interesting......you have sent emails with proposed answers which have appeared on my IPhone, but they cannot be received in this IPad. I don't want to answer on the phone.......because it works now.

I have one more thing we can try on the iPad if you would like. It should not take long