Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I keep trying to order the LYFT and they tell me my account…

Customer Question
I keep trying to...

I keep trying to order the LYFT and they tell me my account has been disabled. WHY??????

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Lyft?

Updated the LYFT App on my phone last week and it still is disabled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

My phone is an I'phone 4S.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/4/2018
Email technician: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Disabled accounts

We may disable your passenger account as a way to check for potentially fraudulent activity.

If your passenger account is disabled, you'll be automatically logged out of the app. When you log in and try to request a ride, you'll see an error message.

We'll send a text containing a link to passengers if their account is disabled. Use the link we send to verify your identity by submitting the required info. Be sure to double-check all spelling.

The info we ask for can change but may include your full name, birth date, zip code, or the billing address for your payment method on file.

If your passenger account is disabled but you didn't see a text or you can't remember info required for verification, tap 'Contact Support' below to let us know.

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=724707

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

I have reinstalled a new app and there were no questions to answer. It was just a statement that my account has been disabled and no choices or questions. Your response has not been helpful and I will not accept at charge for it.

The disablement of your account has nothing to do with Uninstalling and Re-Installing the app, what I am trying to tell you is that you need to re-instate your account with Lyft by following the aforementioned URL and submitting a ticket.

They did not help at all.
your comments don't help my situation at all
I've never been asked my security questions
When?
Email technician: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 6 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Rachel