Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot sign in to my yahoo email. I have had problems with…

Customer Question
I cannot sign in...

I cannot sign in to my yahoo email. I have had problems with my email for a week now

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Logged in how?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an old email I sent to my other email

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
1/4/2018
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Ok

Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service) I will use data that you will provide me. if data you provide is incorrect, recovery will not work.

What do I need to do to do the recovery?

You would need to go to Yahoo's Sign in Helper and answer all questions to regain access to your account: https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

Here is the note from Yahoo:

"When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address."

"To protect the security of your account, if you weren't successful with Yahoo Sign-in Helper or with the other options above, you likely won't be able to recover your account. If you remember your sign-in information later, you can come back and try again."

Link to above notes here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

and to go to sign in helper, visit this link : https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.