Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I get access to an old, old @msn.com email address?

Customer Question
How do I get...

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Not the old msn account. I was just logged on an outlook account, and I'm not really sure how I even got to that.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I can't even get to a log in screen to try to reset the password. the email address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

What I'm trying to do with this msn email address is get access to reset a yahoo password. my account was locked during the time the at&t and yahoo accounts UNmerged. I think someone was trying to hack the account because the at&t portion was locked as well. I was able to get the at&t portion fixed. for some reason, I need access to my old msn.com email address to reset the yahoo portion of the account. very frustrating!!!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/3/2018
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

When did you last access the old MSN email account?

Maybe 10 years ago. Who knows?! A VERY long time. I have an even older aol email account that I can still access, so I don’t understand why I can’t get this msn account.

With Microsoft, if you do not access the account for 12 months they will deactivate it and eventually delete it, so if it hasn't been accessed for 10 years then it no longer exists.

You will need to report the Yahoo account as "compromised" to recover it - this would treat it as if a hacker had changed the recovery email address to a different one, so it will give you a different recovery method.

https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I apologize for the very long delay in response. When I click on the link you provided, I put in my email address. The response I get is something like you were timed out due to security purposes. I'm still not able to get in.
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 5 months ago

Can you try it again and complete it within 60 seconds or so?

I’m doing it immediately, and it’s still saying “oh no..your session has timed out for security purposes while you were away...let’s try again.”

Go to the Yahoo Account security page at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2617.html

Click Change password.

Enter and confirm your new password.

Click Continue.