Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I received an email stating I had made a purchase of a $150…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email stating I had made a purchase of a $150 gift card. I did not make that purchase

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through web browser internet explorer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am trying to get the charge off my credit card, this is the second time this has happened and I had to cancel my old card, now my new card is being charged

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

None other than I am VERY upset

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
1/3/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Did the email say what the gift card was for?

Also who did the email appear to be sent from?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iTunes through my aol account
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it just said a $150 iTunes card

If you just received an email that claims you spent $150 on itunes gift card and you know you did not then it is a scam not from apple just trying to bait you into clicking a link in the email or calling a number to scam you further. There had been a lot of emails like this going around lately so do not click any links in that email. If you do not see the money missing from your bank or credit cards you can just delete the email as it is a scam. Now if you do see the money missing from your bank account You need to go through the instructions on this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382

Make sure you go through all 6 steps on the page I linked you which will resolve the issue. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist