Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Up to yesterday everything was working fine with my GMail,

Customer Question
Up to yesterday everything...

Up to yesterday everything was working fine with my GMail, FB etc...then I decided to check on a recipe that was on FB I believe and now that page is blocking my access to my mail etc...very irritating and I cannot and don't know how to get back it all. I am not an expert on computers. Please reinstate. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I cannot even get to my GMail. When i press on my Google Chrome button as I have always done to open the page to get to mail or FB, this RECIPE page pops up, I want to rid of this page and be able to open above mail, fb asap.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes I should and do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I only want to get back to normal. By the way I do not have YAHOO any longer, I cancelled that long time ago and yet it sometimes pops up and need a password ***** log on, again irritating. I have GMAIL period. Thanks for the help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. It sounds like you may have been infected with adware of some kind. Are you able to close this pop up?

I’ll try.
Is this $39.00 per month.? Or one time charge?
I cannot afford monthly charges as previously stated to Mr. Technician.
One time charge is ok to reinstate everything, no monthly please. Thank you for your he
Help. Kathleen.

It is a one time charge. Were you able to get rid of the pop up?

I must be dumb, which emblem is the pop-up? Where do I go for this?

You said you were getting an advertisement pop up, is it still there?

stir there. When I clicked on Google Chrome to try to access GMail, that recipe page is still around, I cannot move, frustrating, I am locked.

Your payment for remote service failed

Let me have a look anyway, I should be able to fix this quickly

Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

You will need to be on a windows computer in order to make the remote connection, if you are not please let me know.

The above caption says “ the computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because Mac OS X etc...are no longer supported

Are you using a mac?