Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have my email setup on my phone and have forgotten my

Customer Question
I have my email...

I have my email setup on my phone and have forgotten my password. I recently split with my partner and the recovery phone and email were theirs.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I can create a security code on my phone from within gmail, but don't know how to use it to reset the password

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number is ***** an old phone which I no longer have access to

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to be able to change my password ***** that I know my ex can't get in to my email

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
1/3/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
It might be a silly question, but it is a reasonable to request the ex to work with you in resetting the password ***** personal email address. Another approach is to recall where you ever logged on any other devices via web, there was a chance that the password ***** saved somewhere.BTW, what's your phone's brand name and model number please?
Not possible to work with the ex and have not logged on anywhere other than the phone :o( Phone is a Samsung Galaxy J2

Oh, sorry to know that.

> I can create a security code on my phone from within gmail, but don't know how to use it to reset the password

I know you can still receive and send emails using the phone, which means the password *****'t been changed. But what do you mean by "create a security code" on the phone?

Anyway, please advise the Gmail address and let me review and test it.

BTW, if you don't prefer disclosing email and phone here, I may offer you 50% off for remote assistance at $20. It is only available from my side, all request from your side will be always the full rate.

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi there,I have decided it is just going to be easier to create a new email account and forward/migrate everything to the new account from the old one. Thank you for your time, but I will sort this on my own now.

Sure. I opt out now. Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!