Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I set up mu gmail account using a cell number that was my…

Customer Question
I set up mu...

I set up mu gmail account using a cell number that was my company phone which was the only cell I had.(###) ###-#### I retired as of 12/31 and had to send the phone back to the company. They turned off the number. I waited because I wanted to keep that same number on a new cell. I went to Verizon and they couldn't get e-mails to my new cell(###) ###-####because of the 2 step verification I used when setting up my new e-mail account,***@******.***. Verizon said google has to turn off the 2 step verification. I used(###) ###-####and***@******.***. Both are turned off by the company since I retired. Please help!! I just bought a cell phone and plan and now can't get my e-mails on it. Rox Shell

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

On my computer I am using Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

All of my e-mails are coming in fine on my computer. There is an antivirus set up for protection. My problem is I can't get the phone set up to receive e-mails because of the inactive phone number and e-mail I used when setting up my gmail account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's all I know about the problem. Verizon said only google can help me unless I get the old phone reactivated and returned to me which isn't an option since I am retired and the company won't reactivate the number.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/2/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> They turned off the number
How did they do that? Did they get the SIM card back or simple disabled the number for the teleco side while you still have the SIM card in hand or in phone?