Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Trouble with cell phone lock-out, no, yesJA: Anything else…

Customer Question
Trouble with cell phone...

Trouble with cell phone lock-out

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Total lock-out of phone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/2/2018
Email technician: Karthik Nagarajan, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan, Computer Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the Phone?

android-motorola
yes, connect to my device and fix it

Do you have any backup of your Phone in SD card or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the Phone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your Phone.

do the reset

In order to do a hard reset on the phone, please follow the troubleshooting below.

1 Turn OFF the Phone

2. Once the Phone is completely power off, Now press and hold the Volume Down+ Power button.

3. Release the keys when you see logo on the screen.

4. From the menu choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" by using Volume button to scroll.

5. Press the power button.

6. From the confirmation steps choose "Yes-- Delete all user data" using volume button.

7. Press the power button again.

8. (Now all the data will be wiping/erasing)Tab is now formatting.

9. Finally, Use the power button to execute option"Reboot system now"

10. Now we have done with the Factory reset operation.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

ok how long it be?

May I know whether you tried the previous troubleshooting? Let me know whether you've attempted the previous solution

i tried the previous solution no luck it did not work

What exactly happens when you tried to press and hold the Volume Down+ Power button in the phone?