Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I continually receive message that IMAP server wants to

Customer Question
I continually receive message...

I continually receive message that IMAP server wants to alert me to....log in via your web browser: https://support.....78754. When I go to the address, it directs me to you. I've no idea what it is, but it is omnipresent and blocks my connection to other sites. Help. Possible cause: a few days ago I changed my email address, and the sites I go to seem to have a hard time allowing me to deal with them at my new address. I don't know if they are responding to my old address despite my notice of changed address.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail now, Authors Guild previously

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three with i-phone most frequent

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried various procedures over the last 3-4 days - probably more difficult over the holidays??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Have also unsuccessfully attempted to list an item on Craigslist for same period. Spoiler alert: my internet/computer etc IQ is on the low side.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/2/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Are you referring to Gmail?