Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

For many years I have kept a group email list of my clients.

Customer Question
For many years I...

For many years I have kept a group email list of my clients. There are 99 in the largest group. I have never had an issue with a group email. To protect their privacy I always use BCC for them, and send the original to my own gmail address. I sent one on the 29th and it was not delivered. I tried again on the 30th and that one, too, failed. I don't understand.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

For group email I have to use my PC. I use Chrome as my browser.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I checked to see if there were any stray marks or anything like that in the group but I used it a week ago and it worked just fine. Really perplexed. This is how I keep in touch with my clients and I really need to get in touch!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. Just want to be able to send my group an email!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the notification email bounced back to you? Can you please upload a screenshot or post it here for review? Thanks.

Error Icon
Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to***@******.***. See the technical details below.
LEARN MORE
The response was:
Message temporarily rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@******.***
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Message temporarily rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 15:16:13 -0800 (PST)
Let's try to troubleshoot this in this chat. My company doesnt have the budget for anthing more expensive.
The message is suggesting a Google Group. This will not work for me since the people do not want to have each others' addresses. The email group is also proprietary, so it belongs to me not anyone else.
Oh yes, many, many times. I've received two or three email rejection notices for each and every one of the 99 people in the group. Nothing there seems to speak to my issue. I'm currently splitting the group into two groups, to see whether there is a limit to the number of people that can be in a group, although I've never seen a number listed as a limit by Google.

The most possible reason is a too large group. Can you please try change the group size to 50 people and test it again? Thanks.

I have just done that and have sent out the first half's message. Am sending the other half's message now.

Great. Thanks.

FYI - Recently Google put more restrictions on bulk emails and I have helped 5+ customers in exact same or similar issues.

That's interesting to know. If this tracks like the other two, it will be a day or so before I start receiving the "delay" and "failure" messages so I'll sign off now and see what happens. Should I keep a case # ***** something in case these fail and I need to get back in touch?

You may simply bookmark this page and get back to me for any related question or concern without extra cost.

As the issue has been well addressed, can you please kindly accept my answer and rate my service to close the question? Thanks.

I will bookmark the page. And you have been very helpful, thanks.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist