Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have AOL for my email address. Up until a few days ago the…

Customer Question
I have AOL for...

I have AOL for my email address. Up until a few days ago the entire email from the sender showed on the left of my mail screen. Now it only shows 2 letters. It is difficult to see who things are from and very time consuming. Is there any way to change this back to the way that it was?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All but mostly a PC using Internet explorer or my IPhone.My IPhone shows the entire name so it is just the PC that is giving my problems like this.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Rebooting is about it. I did not want to mess with the settings

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
1/2/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What mail program are you using please?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please email me. Thanks
I do not want to let you connect to my email and I do not see an answer here. Please advise

Just ignore that promotion message. Just working on this page is fine.

Can you please upload a screenshot telling more details? Thanks.

I am not seeing an answer

I am still clarifying the question. Can you please upload a screenshot telling your issue ("Now it only shows 2 letters")? Thanks.

On the far left it only shows two letters or characters where it used to show the entire address or most of it anyway. Thanks
I will be leaving for work shortly and will not be back to a computer for awhile Thx

Take your time. Just buzz me here once you are available again. Thanks.

I am back home and nothing has changed in my email. It is still messed up.
Welcome back. Again, can you please upload a screenshot telling more details, especially the "two letters" thing? Thanks.
I did that this morning but I can do it again. Where do I send it? I sent to the place that you have been texting me from and it did not go thru.
Sorry I didn't see any picture uploaded here. Please use the "add file" link/button to do that. Thanks.
Never mind. This is just way too complicated.
If so, I have to say that why Remote Assistance is required and even necessary, though extra free applies. Simply because it does save time, reduce effort and give best user experience. If you agree, I may offer your 50% off at only extra $20 USD. This offer is only valid from my side, if you request from your side, it is always $39 USD without any discount.
No thanks
No problem. I opt out and let you seek for more opinions from other experts. You have a good day.
Email technician: yaccad, Consultant replied 4 months ago
yaccad
yaccad, Consultant

Hello Customer, Can you please upload a screenshot here so I can see what you are experiencing? Also are you experiencing the same issue with all senders that send you an email or is this only from a particular sender? Thank you.

I do not know how to send you a screenshot and it is from all senders. I am going to contact AOL tomorrow. Thanks for trying.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist