Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to call you, understand computers very well. Gmail. I…

Customer Question
I need to call...

I need to call you, understand computers very well

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I don't, it's my wife and kids. I bought a smart TV for Christmas and was signing up for trial you tube for my wife and 2 girls, who have gmail and it was confirmed. It says "Your Google account isn't authorized to use Google Payments. Please contact your organization's Google Apps administrator. [OR-DDUH-01]" and I put my credit card in and confirmed each of their gmail accounts and passwords.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
I don't understand computers very well.
1/1/2018
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Sorry about the delay. There's a lot of questions right before the New Year! I don't have a way to give you a call but I can setup a secure connection where I can see your screen if you prefer.

What is your email currently that you used to sign up for the Youtube?

works on my computer but not on my new TV, nor can i log in.

It sounds like a setting we just need to adjust within Google so it will allow you to provide payments.

So, I can provide some instructions to access the area where you would need to go to authorize the payment. Then it would let it work on the TV.

And you aren't using another account with a different extension besides @gmail? The reason I ask is because of the error message you received which implies you are using a Google Admin account.

My suggestion to try is to access this link:

https://payments.google.com/payments/home#subscriptionsAndServices

Once you are signed in if it didn't already sign you in, it should load the subscriptions. You can review if anything in here needs to be approved.

---------------

Another solution. If you have a Google Admin account like (*****@******.***) then you'll need to be an administrator to enable Google Purchasing.

This solution is if you have something else tied to Google (not a @gmail.com email).

1. In your Google Admin console (at admin.google.com)...

2. Go to Apps > Additional Google Services.
  3. Click Google Payments.

Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.

4. At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
    • On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
    • Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
    • On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
  5. If you chose On for some organizations:
    1. In the left panel, select Settings for specific org units.
    2. Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
    3. Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.

Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
      Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.

4. If you clicked Override, select On or Off to change the setting.
    5. Click Save.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. It appears you may have left the screen. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!

Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist