Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I'm being told my gmail account is not recognised. I'm

Customer Question
I'm being told my...

I'm being told my gmail account is not recognised. I'm looking for***@******.*** I'm trying to access my contacts and have lost my phone. Maybe it's not the correct address? ([email protected] com but I don't think so). I've had two verification codes sent but they both say my account is not recognised. I need to access my contacts urgently to retrieve my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I'm trying on my laptop but account is not recognised. But nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone number is(###) ###-####but note I don't have the phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it I need to access the contacts on my account

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
1/1/2018
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I would like to go over the extent of what I can do for you with Google. Typically, Google accounts are very black/white. We can either reset them or we can't. There's no gray area to contact Google to reset it. I'd be happy to see if there is anything I can do to help you reset it. Sometimes people don't follow the steps correctly and it causes the dreaded message you are getting.

However, if we continue, I can't guarantee we can unlock the account and get those contacts for you. What I can do is help you through the steps if you choose.

If you would like to continue, is there any way to verify your email address for sure?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much will this cost?

The questions are priced by the program you spoke to early. Typically for internet/email questions for online support only (You and I talking) it is 39.95.

There is a pop up that you probably saw already which is just a splash screen ad for a Remote Secure connect which is 36 I believe additional. Sometimes people request that to show me what they are seeing. We don't need to do this and I try to warn in my opening about this ad popping up and that you can dismiss it.

They just route the questions to me so any money is handled through the site and not me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to cancel my request and delete credit card details asap. thanks Toni

No worries. I just like to be upfront with folks. So what will happen now is I will send this to the customer service department and they will refund you. You'll get an email about it. Once I send it over there, you won't need to communicate on here anymore. Let me know if you have any other questions and then I'll send this over.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there any way I can find out why my google account is not being recognised without paying money. Does Google have a help line number. thanks

Google doesn't have a help line at all. That's why people reach out to us to help. Basically, I deal with a lot of unhappy folks when they can't verify their accounts because Google's policy is either setup the account recovery options or lose it. I've had people needing help with their account and someone went in and changed their account recovery details and Google would not do anything with it.

So you can understand why I tell you ahead of time in the beginning that I can try to help but sometimes even my steps don't help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks. I'll think about it and contact you again if I need to. So over and out for now. Toni

Thanks! I'll send this over to customer service. Watch for the email

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist