Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

About 15 or so years ago i set up a gmail account but i

Customer Question
My name is*****...

My name is***** about 15 or so years ago i set up a gmail account but i never used it and don't know what account name i used or password. Want to begin using. how?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Maybe(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/31/2017
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

That's quite a long time ago and the recovery procedure may not work for you. However,

typically, you can use the self-service Google Account recovery feature from your computer to retrieve this information.

Please go to the following site:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If you don't remember your ID, select “Find my account” and follow the prompts. It will ask for you to identify yourself as owner of the account in some way (such as phone number, alternative email, etc...).

Once you have the username you can return to the page and choose "I don't know my password". It will then guide you through the step required to reset it.

If that doesn't work then there is no harm in creating a new gmail account to use.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,