Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It says mu Apple ID has been disabled. I think 11. Started…

Customer Question
It says mu Apple...

It says mu Apple ID has been disabled

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think 11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Started today, tried to download a program from App Store

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you tried resetting your apple ID password?

Idid
I did
Are you still there
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, may I know if you getting any of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"
No
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Resetting your password ***** re-activate the ID.

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your Apple device and sign in.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

It's still not working

Ok, you were able to reset but still can't download? Did you have any billing issues previously with the account?

None, I have 2 iPad, the other works fine

...and the second iPad is using the same Apple ID?

If that's the case, try this;

Let's reset iOS settings. This will not remove any personal data but will reset iOS options back to current system defaults. You may have to re-enter passwords for Wi-Fi and other services.

On the device;

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

tap Reset All Settings

The device should eventually restart.

Still not working

To clarify, if you try to download the same app on the second iPad it completes without issue?

Ok, your next step would be trying to reset and restore the iPad.

You should make a backup first if needed.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

It's still not working
Then there's definitely something up with your account. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:https://getsupport.apple.comChoose the correct category (Apple ID) and issue as prompted by the service above.As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****.