Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can't get into hotmail account. I phone. I don't want

Customer Question
Can't get into hotmail...

Can't get into hotmail account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?

Yes I phone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't want outlook.com created account, need years of info in hotmail account. Microsoft appears to be making me switch and not giving me a choice?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

You know too much already, why does microsoft need my DOB? Get out of my life "Big Brother"!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/31/2017
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

To recover your Hotmail account, you will need to enter the information that you used when you originally set up the account to prove that it is really you that is accessing the account.

If you used a different DOB when you set up the account then you will need to enter that DOB.