Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

New iPod can’t remember my password to set up my gmail. Not…

Customer Question
New iPod can’t remember...

New iPod can’t remember my password ***** set up my gmail

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not that I can remember

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your login. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

It’s an iPod so it’s an IOS operating system 11.2.1 I’m trying to access***@******.***
I used to access my account on my old iPad

You have zero recovery put in for back up. Did you use this for a computer that you had it stored in?

Google are free accounts for gmail. They will not give it back unless you can recover it due to this. They require in your agreement ad your due diligence that you keep current back up methods as your due diligence to keep the account.
There is not a 'person' that monitors those accounts. It is a computer system. Which is why once you are locked out, you cannot change an old phone number, security questions, email or password ***** we can get back in through all attempts at recovery.

Having said that, if you ever used that gmail on a computer? We may be able to find and reveal the password ***** it was stored if you cannot recover online at gmail.com

do you have a mac or windows pc you used that account on successfully before this happened?"

I still have my old iPad

Did you access it in browser at all on it?

What was your old password?

My daughter set up the account she cannot remember the old password ***** I never needed it because all I needed was to click the envelope to access my email

What was your old password?

Cannot remember

Please try this again for me:

Reset your password ***** here:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Put in your email address and follow the prompts. Getting in will depend on what backup you have

in place. It is required by Google that users keep current back ups in place to get back in their account

as they are free accounts *non business accounts are free*. They do not have a person that monitors

these. You will get in by using those back ups you put in place such as security questions, phone number

or another email address you put in to get a recovery link sent to.

Follow the steps to recover your account. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:
Check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders
Add***@******.*** to your address book.
To request another email, follow the steps to recover your account .
Check all email addresses you might've used to sign up or sign in to your account.

2. Choose a password ***** you haven't already used with this account.

Let me know if you get stuck and i will assist.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin"