Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I continue to get a message on my I-phone 5 for a old msn…

Customer Question
Hi - I continue...

Hi - I continue to get a message on my I-phone 5 for a old msn email address that I no longer use - how can I delete this email?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

No - I don't use my I phone for e-mail it asking for Apple ID verification for the msn account

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to delete the msn email account from continu

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Was the MSN email address used as your Apple ID?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe - been a number of years

Ok and what exactly does the pop-up message say when you see it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
John - it only shows up on my I-phone as (apple I.D request for larjackie @msn ). does not effect my home computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
apple I.D verification for***@******.*** in settings

Ok and do you have newer Apple ID using a different email address currently?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is ***@******.***

Ok, your best bet is to go through Settings and replace the old ID with the new one.

On the iOS device, please do the following for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use your correct Apple ID and password.

1) Go to Settings > iCloud

If incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.

Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

2) Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar

Verify correct iCloud email is listed, if you use it.

3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out

Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

4) Go to Settings > Facetime

5) Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store

6) Go to Settings > Game Center

Once you have completed the above then the iOS device should be ready to go.

It's important to note, however, that any apps downloaded with the old ID will continue to request the password ***** that ID when trying to update. You will need to delete those apps from the iPhone and re-download them under the new ID.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am un-able to delete the account under settings it shows I must choose a new e-mail address to use as my Apple ID I enter my current gmail and it will not accept?

Are you able to successfully sign into the current Apple ID account from your computer by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try that and call you back

Ok, good luck!

John T. F., Apple Consultant