Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My passwords for all my aol and yahoo were stolen. I cannot…

Customer Question
My passwords for all...

My passwords for all my aol and yahoo were stolen. I cannot get back into either as the access codes are sent to either one and I cannot get into either one. then I get a message from yahoo I cannot try anymore for 24 hours.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No I do not stay logged into any account I am not currently using

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My cell number, but when I try, both accounts want to send a code to the other one, which I cnnot get into either. Neither one gives me the option of using my phone number.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need to change my passwords for both

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
won't do any good to send an email as I cannot access either aol or yahoo.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I am very sorry about the wait to receive a response. Password ***** are a specialty group to help assist with this.

I am here to help nonetheless! I understand based on your notes that the accounts were stolen?

Also, based on the notes, you've tried the account recovery options for both accounts?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist