Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My iPad a 2 ps jumping from one page to another and back…

Customer Question
My iPad a 2...

My iPad a 2 ps jumping from one page to another and back again. I can’t prevent this from happening. I have tried a reset. No Help. How do I prevent the pages from one app to another. iPad has a life of it ‘s own

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

To weeks. I contacted Apple sr . I spent over hours . It stopped for a few days then started again again yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

As. Write the pages jumps in and out! Zooms in and out. I think it was hacked

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/30/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What do you mean by "a 2 ps"? Please clarify. Thanks.

iPad Air 2
I have spent money from Apple and had a short reprieve from the antics. Thanks but no
Thanks for your clarification. When you see "one page to another", what page are you referring to?
BTW, I guess you were referring to the promotion message asking for a remote assistance service at $39? If yes, please ignore it. That's not from me, by the site.

Are you still there with me?

My iPad automatically jumps from Kindle to calculator then will go back and forth from one page in kindle and goes backward the jumps to a different app in a matter of milliseconds

When did this issue start happening? Do you know the iOS version of your iPad? Does this happen ONLY between the Kindle and Calculator apps? Please advise. Thanks.

Started two weeks ago. I spent 4 hrs. Appleeeeeee seeeeeeeeeeeee what I meeeeean? Automatically. ....Apple support. I stopped then restarted today. Goes between all apps. I have rest iPad 4 times and exited iPad , nothing helps
Okay. Please go to Settings > Date and Time, stop automatic time, then manually change the date back to an early date in November. Let me if this could temporarily fix the issue. Thanks.
I followed your directions. At what point can I change date to present?
Can you please first confirm, if the symptom fixed for now?
It appears to have stopped.
I am waiting to see if the rumbling and tumbling start again. I sit holding my breath.
Okay, keep watching it for a while, say 30 mins. Once confirmed stable, please buzz me to fix it permanently. FYI - if it is not stable, we can't continue as an update will be interrupted due to the issue.
Keeping fingers crossed. Am looking at new iPads dang it! Thank though.

Al good so far? Stabled no auto switching again?

far, no back and forth epileptic fits. No jerking..... now what? I have not been able to type for a day.
Okay, please go to Settings > General > Software Update, let me know if you have an update available for you. If yes, what's the new version?
No update available. It was updated already two weeks ago
Okay, it seems you have to keep your phone in November of 2017 for a while in the coming new year. It is a bug of new iOS and a new release will be fix it soon but must be in 2018.
How do you know it is the big with the last iOS
?

An iOS version with no critical bug will do make your iOS device mad or out of control. :)

Some user voices from major social media and Apple related forums like below.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/02/ios-11-1-2-date-bug-crash-loop/

My iphone is ok for present. iPad I’d the one having bad crashes

But the iPad does not keep crashing now. Correct?

Happy new year. Any update please?

As the issue has been temporarily fixed and you have to wait for the vendor Apple to provide a new update for fixing this permanently, can I ask you kindly accept my answer and rate my service to close this case? Please be aware that you may feel free to come back discussing any related issue or concern even the question has been closed. You won't lose a connection to me. Thanks.

My iPad is the problem!!!!!

What's the problem of your iPad now? Still keep switching between apps?

Absolutely

> So far, no back and forth epileptic fits. No jerking..... now what? I have not been able to type for a day.

You mentioned it stopped doing that...

Did you change the date to today?

Never touched the Nov 2017 date

Can you please double check if has been changed to automatic (current date) in Settings > Date and Time? Thanks.

It did turn to Jan 2, 2018. Won’t set for Nov, 2017

That's reason mate. You have to temporarily disable automatic time and turn the date back to Nov 2017, and wait for the new update from Apple.

If you don't do this, you even can't update the iPad once the update is available because your iPad will restart or switch hence cause the update process interrupted.

Again, it is a bug of Apple. The whole world is waiting for the new update, not only you, though not all people like me know the trick to keep using the phone in the meantime. :)

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant