Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email is. I recently had to set my verizon samsung galaxy…

Customer Question
My email is***@******.***. I...

My email is***@******.***. I recently had to set my verizon samsung galaxy 7 back the factory settings and I can't seem to set up my berkeley.edu email on the phone now

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I can used to be able to access it on my cell phone. Now, I must log on to my california berkeley alumni account to read my email

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your EMAIL. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

How are you trying to add that email?

The bu9ilt in email client on phone?

Another programs like outlook?

What steps have you taken and is your phone functional other than adding that email?

The built in email client on the phone

Ok, please log into a computer or web browser on a device first and confirm you can log in with that email as well

as the password. do not use autofill. Enter it manually.

Okay, can you resolve this or not? I
I cannot give you access to my phone

Please confirm you can log in with that email and password ***** I am sending you steps.

That remote is automated. I am not sending it. Please disregard. And reply back when done.

I am able to access my account online on my computer

Ok,

Can you tell me if you are trying to add that as a pop/which may not work, we will try that first as it 'fills in' your email settings for you.

If not, we can try imap. Pulling those settings now.

I am using IMAP

I want you to try to add it this way. This is an 8, but your phone is going to resemble this as it is a 7.

Do everything on this page. It is a visual. Step by step.

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/samsung/galaxy-s8/android-7-0/guides/28/Set-up-POP3-IMAP-email-Samsung-Galaxy-S8

If you must add it with imap; these are you imap settings/ports you will enter:If this doesnt work, try this one for settings for your imap. *This is why i usually refer people to pop, it adds its own settings*

https://imapsmtp.email/berkeley.edu-smtp-imap-email-settings.html

Incoming Mail Server

Account Type:IMAP

Username:Enter Your User Name

Server hostname:calmail.berkeley.edu

Server port:993

Authentication:Enter Your Password

SSL/TLS:Yes

Account Type:SMTP

Username:Enter Your User Name

Server hostname:calmail.berkeley.edu

Server port:587

Authentication:Enter Your Password

SSL/TLS:Yes

(i understand why this is so difficult. Look at this article first before continuing, they refer to gmail depending on how you were accessing

that .edu email before.

http://smtpimap.email/berkeley.edu-smtp-imap-email-settings.html

1. From your home screen, open the app drawer.
  2. Open the Settings app.
  3. Scroll down and select Cloud and accounts.
  4. Tap Add account.
  5. Select the account you’d like to add.
    1. If you’re adding a new IMAP select Personal (IMAP)
    2. Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
  • Incoming Mail Server

• Account Type: IMAP
  • Username: Your email address is your username
  • Server hostname: imap.gmail.com
  • Server port: 993
  • Authentication: Password
  • SSL/TLS: Yes
  • Outgoing Mail Server

• Server hostname: smtp.gmail.com
  • Server port: 587
  • Authentication: Password
  • SSL/TLS: Yes

Again, depending on how you added that email before and accessed it, will depend on how your phone wants you

to add it. I must leave a rating at this juncture per company policy. If we need to go further into this, do not worry.

Just leave me a reply. We will get it resolved for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Okay, my email is set up on my cell phone. thank you

Perfect!

Please rate this to send it in to my employers as resolved for me as i am leaving the office here shortly.

If you need anything else on this issue, do not hesitate to ask.

Have an amazing new yr and stay safe on that holiday. Much joy to you and your family.

Franklin

Thank you,

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician