Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't get a google account nor a e-mail account because it…

Customer Question
I can't get a...

I can't get a google account nor a e-mail account because it ask for a cell phone verificsation which I don't have. I suspect a hacker or malware interference with this.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I just entered the computer and tried to access google and it said to set up a new account. When I tried it wouldn't work because of the mobile phone address. I called Microsoft support and the recommended I contact google support.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Yes, I downloaded McAfee this morning and also have Windows Defender

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I had an identity theft of my SSN several years ago and also a phone call from some tech support group and let them in my computer. That was all solved two y ears ago, but I think they're back. They wanted me to give them my drivers license # to help me.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I'm sorry on the wait. I'd be happy to help you with your question. Are you trying to reset an existing gmail account and it will not let you?