Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an old email address gmail.com set up in 2015 -;t…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old email address gmail.com set up in 2015 -don;t know the month it was set up for me in april or may I think. and I don't have access to get into the account I need to get that email address deleted. can you help

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes, my new iPad wants me to verify the email address and says that I need to enter the verification code sent to my gmail.com account

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No I don't think a phone was attached to it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do have a google account through my teaching position I don't want to change that or affect that .I do have the security questions I think will be the ones to get into the account, but I don't know where to start.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The only way to recover the old Google account and then delete it is by completing the online recovery form.

If your old phone number is ***** longer accessible you will need to select the option "I'm having other problems sigining in" and report the account as compromised or hacked. https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Note that if you don't use the email account it will eventually be deleted by Google.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------