Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Do you have time for the whole story? Gmail....home computer…

Customer Question
Do you have time...

Do you have time for the whole story ?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail....home computer for several years is ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through my home computer which is an HP TouchSmart 310PC

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have NO PROBLEM with home computer and google...it's the cell phone I purchased in June 2017

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The folks at AT&T whom sold me cell phone say I have to adopt a whole new gmail account so that my phone and computer can talk and I think they are wrong ???

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Sorry for a delay in reply. I am just now getting here to help out the overnight crew from all the many questions. I understand ATT told you that you need a new email account. I also want to agree with you that you don't need a new one. I just need more of the story as to why they told you that. Do you know your password ***** your gmail?