Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have 2 gmail email addresses & I'd like to delete the old…

Customer Question
Hi, I have 2...

Hi, I have 2 gmail email addresses & I'd like to delete the old one & keep the more user friendly one please. I'm not sure how to go about that. Rosemary

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All of above depending if I am at home or elsewhere.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried to remove the original email address, Pearl. I wasn't sue how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks. Rosemary

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

Do you know both gmail address and its passwords?

Are you using a windows or mac system?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Hi John. I am using Windows. The email I wish to delete is***@******.***. the password ***** Margo300817
The one I wish to retain is***@******.***. The password ***** ***** same.

Thank you ma'am,please give me a moment before we do for deletion.

Before you delete this account remember the following.

1.You wont be able to access any information like emails or contacts or calendar entries in it.

2.If this email account is linked with any services or devices then it will be difficult to reset that account in the event of account recovery.

Are you clear of the above situations and do you still need to delete the google account ?

Please read my above reply and let me know whether you wish to continue with deleting your gmail account.

Thank you

Checking to see whether you still need help.Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist