Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My user is and I can not remember my password. I have tried…

Customer Question
My user is***@******.*** and...

My user is***@******.*** and I can not remember my password. I have tried all options and can not get access. It looks like the incorrect phone number is ***** because the un hidden numbers do not match my number.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No. This is an account I have not used much and I used it to sign up with Ibotta and had to reset my phone and now I can not log in to Ibotta and it says it is sending codes to this email address which is my user id but can't log in to this account.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number should be(###) ###-####and an additional email should be***@******.*** or***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
12/29/2017
Email technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Do you still have the LG Fortune?

I have never had an LG Fortune. I have always had an iPhone.
Are you still there?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

The previous expert has opted out. Let me help you here.

Ok

Do you know where is the number (•••) •••-••38 ending with 38? Is it yours?

No, my number is(###) ###-#### The only other number I have had and it was disconnected about 4 years ago, is(###) ###-####

Do you mean(###) ###-#### Not 7736?

I saw that info in the screenshot myself. It is 7736 unless there was a typo.

Oh, if so it is not good news as we can't change or reset the phone number now if it was a typo.

Now the hope are only with those phones listed in screenshot. Do you still have or use any of them?

Are you familiar with Ibotta? I guess it is possible I used an incorrect email but I don't think so. Do you think they might be of help. If someone else has that email address they have been getting emails from Ibotta to reset the password ***** Ibotta owes me money.
I had a Motorola from 2000 until about 2004 ish.
But same #.

> I had a Motorola from 2000 until about 2004 ish.

Still with you and working? It's phone number is ***** important, just need to be powered on and get on the Internet.

I do not have it anymore.

> If someone else has that email address they have been getting emails from Ibotta to reset the password ***** Ibotta owes me money.

Not sure if it could be compatible with Google's method. It is Google to directly send a text message to your for code verification, I don't think the code could be diverted to other parties.

Any suggestions?

When was your last successful logon to the Gmail account? On which device? Using what software (browser or mail app)?

It has been over a year, on my iPhone.

Is your iPhone currently still connected to the Gmail account? What's the iOS version of it?

No, it is not connected to the Gmail acct.

So you are saying no any device currently has access to the Gmail account?

Okay, I tried calling(###) ###-####and(###) ###-####and both were disconnected. A sign indicating no one is using this number.

I guess I can try to go through Ibotta, if we have exhausted all possibilities?

So I guess the last resort is, if you really want to get the Gmail account back, to get(###) ###-####back to you.

Thank you!

Anyway, there is a risk - be aware that (•••) •••-••38 might not be ***-***-****, as you said your number was ending with 36.

Good luck!