Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got an email saying my account has been temporarily closed…

Customer Question
I got an email...

I got an email saying my account has been temporarily closed due to suspicious activity. I do not have an apple account. Can you help me with this please.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don'the have an apple account a I don'the know what todo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I jut want to find out about this bogus account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The email is actually a scam and it is sent out to thousands of people.

There is no such email account and their plan is to have you click on their link or reply to the email so they can steal your actual account information. If you noticed, you don't even have an Apple account and you received an email so their scam is to just spam everyone hoping they will find someone that complies with their request. You can delete the email and continue to use your account without any issues.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!