Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just got a new phone, tried to sign up to my gmail account…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new phone, tried to sign up to my gmail account to sync contacts etc. forgot password. went through all verification hoops and got a message saying google needs 3-5 days to make sure its me. I would really like my phone synced up sooner than that.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No. my old phone was dropped to the bottom of a lake.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Security questions yes. the phone number that is on there is a old one of mine, that does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think so...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Hello! I want to say congrats on the 3-5 days. If you don't verify anything or most of it correctly, I will say that Google will provide an error "cannot verify you are the owner of this email." So I have to say congrats to that. I deal with a lot of email issues and a lot of folks lose their access to their emails all the time.

Since I am not affiliated with Google, I don't have a way to speed it up. I can provide a suggestion of what might help if you can prove to Google that you need it sped up. But I would be very happy they are going to unlock that for you! I will provide that to you. Give me just a moment.

You can ask your question here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail

You might have luck but I cannot guarantee they can do it any faster. It might be a first come first serve operation.

I'd love to help any other way if I could. Let me know if you have any other questions!

how much am i going to be charged by your company? Do I have to unsubscribe now? I thought you were part of a google service.

I'm sorry. We're not tied with Google. They don't offer a support option at all. We often help folks looking for help with their Google accounts all the time. We're an online computer specialist group. As for the charges, I honestly don't know as I just receive the questions to answer. If you would like, I would be happy to provide you with some contact information. I don't believe you are in any subscription by asking us a question. Would you like an email or phone number?

Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist